Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Flea Market

Hello dear viewers, sorry for the wait. I noticed that I usually forego the backgrounds for my artwork, focusing solely on the characters. The reason for this is I personally can't stand looking at my backgrounds. It never looks as good as I want it to. But seeing the artwork of my fellow crew compelled me to try my hand at it again.

When I was a kid, growing up in Southern Georgia, I always went to the Flea Market in Jacksonville, Florida. It'll always hold a special place in my heart, because it was there that I got the VHS tapes of The Five Deadly Venoms, Chinese Super Ninjas, and New Legend of Shaolin (Legend of the Red Dragon), the first Jet Li movie I ever watched. Whenever I think of it, I remember the smell of popcorn and peanuts from the concession stands, and then I decided to draw this. 

Two hours, one layer, 70% Opacity on the brush, no filters. Enjoy







No comments:

Post a Comment