Friday, August 9, 2013

Cody Rockwell - The Skater

As a child, I was into many things, one of them was skateboarding. While I never learned how to skate, many hours of my life were sacrificed playing Tony Hawk games, and the create-a-skater mode became the factory for many character designs and ideas that I would revisit in adulthood. One of these was Cody Rockwell, a real cool 80s dude. Here's a quick turnaround I did of the character, his color palette reminds me of Capri Sun.


Originally, Cody was going to be a background character in my student senior film. Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I wasn't able to add him. But I was adamant on making something with Cody, so I made a quick animation of him performing a nose-slide grind down a box. For the piece, I decided to clean up with the pencil tool rather than the brush, separating the pieces of the character by layers.


No comments:

Post a Comment