Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Grandmaster

For those of you that don't know, I come from a martial arts background. I grew up watching Bruce Lee and the Shaw Brothers movies of the 70s and 80s. I've dabbled in the styles of Capoeira and Xingyiquan, and I intend to dedicate myself to studying martial arts when the opportunity presents itself.

That being said, I'm hyped that The Grandmaster is getting a theatrical release stateside! I remember watching a bootleg of it once with some friends of mine. It features styles like Wing Chun, Bajiquan, Baguazhang, and Xingyiquan. I haven't seen a film depict Xingyi since Jet Li's The One. Now I finally get to watch a clear print of it and with subtitles. I quickly made this as a spur of the moment thing and I figured, why not share it?


No comments:

Post a Comment